Wednesday 23 September 2015

It's been a long time

I had a draft, actually several drafts saved.  But they became less and less relevant.  And now here we are - 18 months later.

18 months.
1 marriage (my brother's)
1 baby (also my brother's) - I am now a proud aunt - and they were right, it's different when it's your brother's baby.  He's the cutest, sweetest baby ever.
1 new job.
A new pair of boots (they're gorgeous and I can't wait for it to get a little cooler so I can wear them!).
A new outlook.  I told my friend, it feels like the universe is shifting.  Finally.

I was in a rut.  Unsure how to dig myself out.  Then an opportunity presented itself.  And I rose to the challenge.  Still rising, I think.  I'm daring to dream.  I think I'd forgotten what I was capable of.  Out of the shadow of my old mentor - whom I loved dearly.  I work for someone who appreciates what I bring to the table, who listens to my perspective and asks for my opinion.  It's not that I didn't have that before.  It's that there wasn't enough for me to feel challenged.  And maybe at the time it was what I needed.  But the universe has shifted.  And I feel good.  Feeling good inside has slowly made me feel good outside.  Daring to dream of possibilities.

You know the image - the one with the sun shining through a break in the clouds?  That's how I feel now.  Except I never knew that the clouds were so dark.  None of this may be coherent but that's OK.  I feel light in my heart and I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I read this post, then glanced up the page, and read the title of your blog. It felt almost as if "Was Living Down Under" was the metaphorical title of the blog, not the geographical. Sounds like now you're seeing the potential to live "up over"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed!

      You know, I do often wonder if the title of this blog should be something else. Something more current. I only started the blog well after I'd moved home, but it was a name I'd got used to using when online and didn't feel like changing my identity. Something to think about I guess :)

      Delete